Monday, January 26, 2009

BBC returns a major player to the air

While living in England I became a fan of many British entertainers. British humour is way out there--and I love it. When I first saw Graham Norton on his show "So, Graham Norton", I was shocked at his uncensored comments. However, I had to laugh and was soon a regular viewer.



Being a Monty Python fan--I loved their shows and movies even more. And, if you haven't seen Dave Gorman--get out there and Google him (or Googlewhack him) right now.



Another favourite entertainer of mine is Jonathon Ross. Ross almost lost his job at the BBC with a live, on air, stunt. Last year Ross and the comedian Russell Brand left a series of messages on the answering machine of the actor Andrew Sachs in which they made crude remarks about Sachs' 23-year-old granddaughter, Georgina Baillie. I will not debate the appropriateness of the incident but did not feel Ross or Brand should be sacked over it.

Ross has a brilliant radio program on BBC Radio 2 on Saturday mornings and a hit TV show on BBC television. This past week Ross returned to his radio and TV spots.

The only comment I'll say about Ross' show is this: Leno has Kevin Eubanks. Letterman has Paul Shaffer. Ross has four puffs and piano.

No comments:

Post a Comment